Application Criteria for Participants
- Age: 18-25 years.
- 2-4 year college students or recent college graduates.
- Performance experience in music, dance, theatre or spoken word.
- Full participation in all activities of the Tour: set-up, performance, worship, team-building, and small group discussion.
- Motivation to make a difference
- Active desire for personal growth
- Willingness to put the team and others before self
- Pursuit of a genuine relationship with Christ
- Self-discipline and demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to contribute with skills, interests, or life experiences
- Applications are due March 1 (earlier for best results) – some early selections will be made by December, 15.
- Audition material for on-stage roles must be submitted before application will be fully considered. See below for audition criteria
- Applicants will be notified through email by April 15 regarding their selection status. If accepted, final casting auditions for particular roles will be held at the start of the Tour.
- Interested applicants are requested to email an audition video to firstname.lastname@example.org in the form of an unlisted YouTube link. See below for audition criteria
- Audition material must be accompanied by the General Application in order to be considered.
- Applicants may audition for more than one discipline.
When possible, Production Director Kelly Enck will run auditions ON CAMPUS. In the event that Shining Light is visiting your campus and holding auditions, you may Sign Up Here to reserve your spot. On-campus auditions requirements will be the same, and will include a 2-minute interview.
Content: Please observe the following guidelines for each discipline:
- Actor: 2 contrasting monologues – contemporary style preferred: comedic or dramatic.
- Singer: 2 contrasting pieces – preferred genres: pop, folk, rock, urban gospel.
- Dancer: 2 contrasting pieces – preferred genres: contemporary, hip-hop, jazz, modern
- Poet: 2 contrasting pieces – poetry or rap, original or published.
Shining Light may request additional material to assist in selection.
Next Impact Tour: June 2018
This work here has really connected my gift that I believe came from God and the purpose I believe He gave it to me for.
– Alex, Florida International University, NYC actor
I came into this thinking, ‘I am so not called to prison ministry – what am I doing here?’ And I came out of it thinking, ‘Wow, I could do this for the rest of my life.’
– Hannah, Eastman School of Music, Vocal Performance